We invite proposals for workshops, tutorials or other satellite events, on any topic related to formal structures in computation, deduction and automated reasoning, from theoretical foundations to tools and applications.
Satellite events will take place on the 29 June and 4-5 July, before and after the main conference (30 June - 5 July). It is expected that satellite events would run for 1 or 2 days, and be open to participants of parallel events.
Proposals must be limited to three pages and should be submitted via easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fscdijcar2020ws (or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Each proposal should consist of the following two parts.
- A description part including:
- a short scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and
the particular benefits of the workshop to the community, as well as a list
of previous or related workshops (if relevant);
- a brief description (up to 120 words) of the event for the website and
- An organisational part including:
- contact information for the workshop organizers;
- proposed affiliated conference;
- estimate of the number of workshop participants;
- proposed format and agenda (e.g. paper presentations, tutorials, demo sessions, etc.)
- potential invited speakers;
- procedures for selecting papers and participants;
- tentative schedule for paper submission and notification of acceptance;
- plans for dissemination, if any (e.g. a journal special issue);
- duration (which may vary from one day to two days);
- preferred period (pre, or post main conferences).
- any other special requirements.
The Organizing Committee of FSCD-IJCAR will determine the final list of accepted workshops based on the recommendations from the Workshop Chairs of the hosting conferences and availability of space and facilities.
The organizers of satellite events are expected to create and maintain a website for the event; handle paper selection, reviewing and acceptance; draw up a tentative programme of talks; advertise their event though specialist mailing lists; prepare the informal pre-proceedings (if applicable) in a timely fashion; and arrange any post-proceedings. Some amount of financial support may be offered to workshops, depending on the number of participants.
The FSCD-IJCAR organizing committee will handle promotion of the event on the main conference website; integration of the event’s programme into the overall timetable; registration of participants; arrangement of an appropriate meeting room; and provision of lunch and coffee breaks for participants.
All deadlines are midnight anywhere-on-earth (AoE); late submissions will not be considered.